Walter C. Dukes, DDS
Dr. Walter Dukes graduated from the Creighton University School of Dentistry in 1978, where he was awarded the Mosby Award, a distinction awarded to the top four students in his graduating class. Dr. Dukes believes that everyone deserves the best care, and constantly strives to ensure that each patient he meets receives the highest quality of care possible. He constantly pursues post-graduate education through continuing education courses and has achieved a number of board certifications, including:
- Preceptorship: Orofacial Pain (UCLA School of Dentistry)
- Fellowship in the American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain
- Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified – CEREC Dentistry
- Certified – Invisalign® (Preferred Provider)
- Certified – Nobel Biocare® Implant Dentistry
- Certified LANAP® Clinician
- Certified – Biomimetic Dentistry (The Alleman Center)
Dr. Dukes also served as the director of the Santa Barbara Periodontal Study Club for 15 years and was a member of the UCLA School of Dentistry faculty for 10 years.
Dr. Dukes and his wife Diane have been married for 40 years. Together they have 3 children and 9 grandchildren. His interests include spending time with his family, church service dentistry and medicine, aviation, architecture and construction, the arts, history, and golf.
Meet Our Team
Our dental team is a loyal group, with some members having been here for nearly ten years. Our team members greet you when you first walk into our office and ensure that you do not wait long for your appointment at Dentist Santa Barbara CA | Family Dentistry | Mesa Dental. Along with Dr. Walter Dukes, our team is dedicated to your dental health, including your comfort while at the dentist in Santa Barbara, California.